Monday, August 6, 2007

Jell-O, Goodbye

One last solder pendant before I leave for Virginia. I'm going to sneak my solder kit along with us so maybe I will make some while I'm on vacation. My grandma on my mom's side is turning 80 and this is her last trip to VA to see the extended family. Everyone is going this time. Even my aunt, cousin, and sister. Of course my mom will be there too and a whole mess of great aunts and uncles and distant cousins I've never met. I'm nervous but not as nervous as Charlie is. I have a feeling everyone will be too busy to pay us much mind.
Anyway, this pendant is similar to the one in the post below, so it has the same specs., only it's hanging a different direction. I went out yesterday and bought a replacement solder tip and also a desoldering bulb. It took three stores to find even the tip. Eventually I wound up at Radio Shack which had everything but the right kind of solder. Luckily I don't have a pressing need for new solder. I'm just curious.
The desoldering bulb works great though. I wish I had had it from the start. If you get too much solder on the copper, you just make it molten again and suck it up!
I think I'm really making great progress with this hobby. It's tons of fun and encouraging because every time I make a pendant I get better! It's very satisfying.

I will be back on Monday, August 13! Until then, enjoy North Carolina without me!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love your art, it's so colorful and funky. Great detail.

Katie