Sunday, August 26, 2007

the end?

This might be the end of the del Sol saga. Yesterday while I was in Radio Shack buying new soldering tips, she took what might be her last breath. When I turned the key, she coughed once and then was silent.
No amount of key turning, pumping the gas pedal, or giving the engine a confused look would entice any sort of sound. Sometimes the battery came on, sometimes it didn't. The only thing that moves is (what I think is) the starter. But it just gets turned when the wire pulls it and doesn't actually move on it's own or make any sort of sound or strike.
I just had the starter replaced. So maybe, hopefully, it's the starter, and I can get the shop that did the work to replace it for free. Otherwise....

anyone wanna buy a '94 Honda del Sol with over 200k miles and a dead engine?

1 comment:

Krazy Kate Designs said...

I don't want to buy it, but it makes a great picture! :) Good luck with getting it fixed.