Sunday, September 23, 2007

Guilty Pleasures: Flying Saucer

Here is one of my comfort foods, a flying saucer. I took a break from packing today to make a couple. It is serious kid food, because even kids can make it! Also, it is really cheap. I'm all about cheap food.

Turn on your broiler.
Put some parchment paper on a cookie sheet, or spray it with PAM.
Put a slice of bologna onto the pan.
Place a heaping scoop of instant mashed potatoes in the center.
Top with some of that horrible American cheese that comes in a wrapper.
Broil until cheese melts.

Ta-Da! Mmmm I feel better already.

4 comments:

Edward said...

OMG, it works so much better when you take the cheese out of the wrapper!

GRLucas said...

Uh, yuck. Maybe if you put it on some white bread...

Hello Crafty said...

That looks scrumpdiddlyumptious!!

I'd make mine with pork roll though, me thinks.

HelloCrafty
http://www.hellocrafty.etsy.com

kk said...

that is funny food - it needs a face!