Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Take A Swing

I got hit in the face with a baseball at the Outdoor Family Fun Center today. I'm not very good at baseball.
However, Charlie taught me how to swing a golf club and I did hit quite a few balls and not bad, either. I only shanked 1 or 2 and grounded a few.
Golf is pretty hard. For the past 3 months I've been hearing about it, watching it, and seeing more golf clubs pass through this house than dust bunnies. After years of blindly disliking it (that's the Floridian in me) I found myself forced into a lifestyle revolving around it, and eventually understood it and even enjoy watching the tournaments (mandatory on weekends).
I never had the nerve to pick up a club, though, until a baseball showed me what-for.
Even still, I don't think I'll be doing it often. Charlie says it's bad for relationships. :-)

No comments: